Terance Fulton started his career in building his financial empire when he was just 9 years old, pumping gas for money. His habit of earning money on the side never left him as he grew up; he sold candy and chips in middle school and sold shoes when he got older.
Although Terance made a good living with his day job, he knew he could do better. That’s when his friend pitched him ideas on real estate investing back in 2008 when the market just crashed. His friend told him it was the best time to buy, so he believed him, not because the sales pitch was great, but because he didn’t know anything about real estate. He spent the first few years learning about the industry and market, and by 2014, he took the plunge and became a real estate investor. By April 2015, he quit his job to focus exclusively on his real estate business.
Today, Terance tells us his life story, his rough upbringing, and how he got into real estate investing. He shares the things that inspired him to change gears and explains how he runs his real estate business.
“Important people don’t look the way you think they’re gonna look.” Terance Fulton
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Why he had difficulty in transitioning to being a businessman in his neighborhood.
- The very first deal he ever did, how he found it, processed it, and how he closed it.
- What sparked the change in him to discard his previous life and get into real estate?
- How he gets leads today
- His plans for the future and why giving back to his community is his long term dream.
- The things he can do in life that he owes to real estate investing.
- The meaning behind the company name “Work Strive Grind”
Terance Fulton Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- You always have to let people know what’s in it for them.
- The money will come later when you do the right thing.
- Word of mouth is the best way to market yourself.
Reach Out to Terance:
FLIP TALK NEXT LEVEL IMMERSION
We’re currently working on our FLIP TALK NEXT LEVEL IMMERSION on August 31 to September 1, where we can work out the issues in your business when it comes to growth, systems, hiring, and more. We’ll be working together to solve problems and put you on a path for success. Interested? Email us at Don [at] FlipTalk [dot] com for more details.
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at]FlipTalk[dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.