Dr. Matt Motil is a real estate investor and agent. Before he focused on real estate, Matt spent 17 years as a project manager and engineer working in the construction industry. He initially got into real estate out of necessity, when his parents bought him and his brother a house and let them take charge of who gets to live in it. He was essentially left to manage the house.
When Matt had the urge to go full-time in real estate, he credits his wife for supporting him from beginning to end. They’ve had times where they talked about which bill to pay first and times where Matt thought of just going back to the workforce. In the end, his wife believed in him even when he himself didn’t so they continued their business until they became a force in the industry.
Today, Matt talks about the importance of having a supportive person in this industry. He stresses the highs and really low lows that he says would make anyone give up if they go through them alone. He also explains why he likes posting his ads on social media and just what it means to invest in your network.
“Your network is your net worth. The better network you have, the better your net worth is gonna be.'” Dr. Matt Motil
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How Matt got started in real estate.
- What’s it like to have your partner work with you in your business?
- The importance of having a spouse who is supportive in your business.
- How his wife inspired him to continue the business.
- The problems they encountered while growing their business.
- The importance of the Disc and Kolbe tests when it comes to forming a team.
- Why you shouldn’t acquire a high-level person from outside the organization.
- How do you elevate an employee in the organization according to what they’re good at?
- Why he believes in hiring assistants.
- How he structured his business and how their services work.
- Their profits compared to the typical wholesaler.
- What it means to invest in your network.
Matt’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- You will have low points in this business where you don’t even want to get out bed, which is why support from someone is important.
- Start marketing on social media right now, before the big companies get to it. Once they do, the cost of ads will skyrocket.
- The cliché “It’s not what you know, but who you know” is a cliché for a reason.
Reach Out to Dr. Matt Motil:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at]FlipTalk[dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.