Zack Childress is a real estate investor, mentor, and owner of the REI Success Academy, a company that focuses on educating new investors and helping real estate veterans improve their game. He specializes in investing, wholesaling, real estate mentorship, and virtual investing. He has over 17 years of experience in the industry and has bought and sold over 35 companies over the course of his career. Zack is also one of the few investors who survived the crash of 2008 and never gave up on the business, which allowed him to grow it to what it is today.
Zack joins me today to share how the pandemic affected his business and the strategies he used to not only curb his losses, but also capitalize on the market’s current state. He describes what made him interested in real estate and why he started coaching. He discusses his real estate PPE’s, their business focus, and what he expects the market to do once the coronavirus pandemic is over. Zack also shares advice for those looking to get started in real estate during these hard times.
“We’re too busy looking out the window instead of looking in the mirror.” – Zack Childress
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How Zack joined the real estate industry.
- Zack’s perception of the pandemic and how he keeps an optimistic mindset.
- Why Zack’s flipping business hasn’t slowed down, but his wholesaling did.
- The reason Zack eventually became a real estate coach.
- Defining Zack’s real estate PPEs.
- Why your company should never lose sight of its core competencies, even as it scales.
- How much you should spend in marketing when you’re a beginner.
- Why Zack doesn’t agree with mass mailing strategies.
- Why Zack sold 1/3 of his portfolio when the lockdown happened.
Connect with Zack Childress
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.