Larry Goins is a real estate investor who’s handled deals in over twelve different states and has over thirty years’ experience in the industry, with his first deal going all the way back to the 80’s – a time where he notes the rules weren’t so complicated. Larry has written books, hosted seminars and several events, and attended expos as a featured guest speaker. If he’s not lecturing or speaking in front of a crowd, Larry oversees the day-to-day operations of Investors Rehab, a real estate company that does business with 10-15 properties per month.
Today, Larry shares his wisdom when it comes to looking for and closing HUD deals. He explains what HUDs are, what makes them profitable, and how he has made it as his primary source of income for years. He also describes the difference between today’s market and the market in the past, specifically when it comes to being a beginner.
“It’s better to have ten ways to find one property than only have one way to find ten..” – Larry Goins
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How does he typically do his wholesaling?
- How does virtual wholesaling look to him?
- How does he find buyers? What’s his take on keeping buyers lists?
- What he does to close HUD deals.
- The difference between a regular trust and a land trust.
- Some of the things he’s seen in today’s market that is different back in the day.
- How he approaches HUDs and how does he make it work for his business?
- How do you price HUDs?
- His advice to his younger, beginner self.
Larry’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Have multiple sources of properties.
- Always keep learning and refining what you already know.
Reach Out to Larry Goins:
- Larry Goins official website
- Investors Rehab
- Getting Started in Real Estate Day Trading book
- HUD Homes Half Off free book
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.