Judah Israel Michael and Lindsey Kinnsch Michael are a young couple passionate about the property investing and real estate flipping industry. Lindsey, who’s career initially began during her teenage years while working at her father’s fix and flip business, has over 20 years of experience in the industry. Judah, who has a previous background in marketing and public speaking, began his real estate journey in 2010 after meeting Lindsey.
Judah and Lindsey join me today to share how having faith and working hard has impacted their ability to build a successful real estate flipping business. They explain how they overcame challenges and obstacles associated with starting a fix and flip business in a hot, highly competitive market and the strategies they used to secure private money early in their journey. They also share how being creative and thinking outside-the-box when finding, negotiating, and marketing deals have helped them quickly grow and scale their business.
“Faith and hard work are definitely a hand-in-hand kind of marriage.” – Judah Israel Michael
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Why they pivoted from working with property investors to becoming investors.
- How they combined their skills and experience in mortgages, marketing, and public speaking to build a thriving fix and flip company.
- Overcoming challenges associated with highly competitive markets.
- How your network can impact your business.
- The importance of finding private money and good hard money lenders.
- The deal they are most proud of.
- How changing a property’s address can impact your ability to resell.
- Strategies for raising private money.
- The importance of growing your network as a new real estate investor.
- Challenges they faced throughout their career and how they overcame them.
- Overcoming fears associated with hiring and outsourcing.
- The importance of establishing a contract when outsourcing work.
- Strategies for negotiating deals.
- Strategies for finding new real estate deals
- Network. Ask for introductions.
- Don’t be afraid of what others say about your market.
- Be creative. Look for ways to differentiate yourself from your competition.
- Be careful of who you invite into your world – and into your deals.
- Shoot for the stars. Don’t hold yourself back.
- Begin where you are.
Connect with Judah Israel Michael and Lindsay Kinnsch Michael:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.