Chris and Mel McGready have only been deep in the real estate business for over ten months, but their first experience happened 12 years ago. Their first “deal” was when they found a property on MLS, found a realtor, invested $500.00 and walked away from the business to focus on forging a normal work and family life. Last September, Chris and Mel decided to try again.
Both Chris and Mel were tired of doing the same routine so they went back to the industry, found reputable mentors, and progressed from there. Once they learned how private lending works, everything else just boomed. They realized what they needed were people to point them in the right direction.
Today, Chris and Mel share their story of how they got started with real estate, their struggles and successes, and their brilliant marketing strategies.
“If I go looking for a business and I can’t google you, I really probably am not gonna call you.” ? Mel McGready
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- The difference a good mentor can make in real estate
- The things they struggled with the most
- Strategies to lockdown the money needed in for the business.
- How social media has helped their business grow
- Their target flips per year and why it’s okay to not hit the mark.
- Marketing strategies
- Why they considered raising a roof on a rehab.
Chris and Mel’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- If you don’t have motivation, you won’t get the money.
- Always take action, don’t be afraid to make a mistake.
- It’s okay to mess up because you’ll eventually get good at it.
Reach Out to Chris and Mel:
FLIP TALK NEXT LEVEL IMMERSION
We’re currently working on our FLIP TALK NEXT LEVEL IMMERSION on August 31 to September 1, where we can work out the issues in your business when it comes to growth, systems, hiring, and more. We’ll be working together to solve problems and put you on a path for success. Interested? Email us at Don [at] FlipTalk [dot] com for more details.
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.