Michael Zuber is a buy-and-hold real estate investing expert and the founder of One Property at a Time. His career as a property investor initially began 15 years ago while working in a very demanding job as a traveling sales manager for a well-known software company. Realizing that purchasing and flipping property was not an ideal solution to building his portfolio and creating the wealth and lifestyle he desired due to the amount of time he spent traveling for his company, he decided to begin his real estate investing career in the buy-and-hold sector. He is passionate about helping new investors learn how to build their wealth and create a financially free lifestyle through buying and holding properties.
Michael joins me today to share his experience as a buy-and-hold property investor. He shares how his investing strategies have evolved over the course of his career, the qualities he looks for when purchasing a property to hold, and the financing options he has used throughout his career to grow his portfolio. He also explains the importance of finding great property managers to help you manage your property portfolio, the difference between being rich and being wealthy, and the importance of building relationships to grow your real estate investing career.
“The only way to have real freedom is to have enough money coming in where you don’t have to do anything, and life is good.” – Michael Zuber
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How his investing strategy has evolved over the last 15 years.
- Best practices for buy-and-hold deals.
- Mistakes he has made as a new investor.
- The formula he uses to ensure the properties he purchases will work for his portfolio.
- The difference between being rich and being wealthy and why one is more important than the other.
- Financing options he uses to purchase properties.
- What is the “Buy, Repair, Refinance, Repeat” (BRRR) method, how it works, and how he uses it in his investment strategy?
- What banks need to know to approve a loan for a property.
- Strategies to find the best property manager.
- Advantages and disadvantages of buying and holding multi-unit properties and single-family properties.
- The importance of building relationships and growing your network as a new investor.
Michael Zuber’s Tips for Getting Started in Buy-and-Hold Investing:
- Treat each investment like a bond.
- During different market cycles, expect your money to work in different ways.
- Follow your yield – your expected cash flow.
- Do your homework.
- Once you have done your homework, you are ready to make some offers.
- Build relationships and be authentic.
Connect with Michael Zuber:
- One Rental at a Time website
- One Rental at a Time YouTube Channel
- Email: MZuber@OneRentalataTime.com
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.