Anson Young is the owner of Anson Property Group, a real estate company based in Denver, Colorado that focuses on distressed property purchases. He has completed over 100 wholesale deals with 75 flips over the last ten years. He is passionate about making otherwise inhabitable and ugly properties look nice again as well as providing support to homeowners who are in need.
Today, Anson shares his business strategies and trade secrets when it comes to finding deals and funding. He discusses how he ended up in the real estate business, his old-fashioned yet effective approach to direct mail, and how he manages to find great deals.
“Learn how to find deals and the rest will follow.’” – Anson Young
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How did the 2008 crash affect his business?
- How does he manage to land deals?
- What does networking mean to him and how he approaches networking.
- His approach on direct mail.
- Why he prefers handwritten mail over electronic ones.
- What motivated him to write a book?
- His advice on funding
- The benefits of private money over other funding options.
- The struggles working with contractors.
Anson’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Setting yourself apart in this industry is the competitive edge you’re going to need.
- Don’t take money just because you’re desperate to take money.
- Focus on what it takes to find deals in your market. Don’t focus on the BS of business cards, LLC names, logos, and all of that.
Reach Out to Anson Young:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.