Greg Dickerson is the founder of Dickerson Investments, a real estate company that relies on two main investment strategies: asset arbitrage and portfolio acquisitions. He has over 20 years of experience as an investor with over $200-million in properties sold. He has been featured as a guest commentator on the Fox Business Network with leading experts like Dave Ramsey and Neil Cavuto as well as a featured contributor for multiple real estate publications.
Today, Greg joins me to discuss the essentials regarding real estate investing and business management. We discuss what new investors should do when they’re just starting their real estate career, how they should market, and the deals they should start with. We discuss the difference in profits between wholesaling and rehabs and when you should utilize one over the other. We also discuss my plans for 2019 and the reason behind my goals.
“There are so many opportunities out there now to learn. The information is literally at your fingertips.” – Don Costa
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Why action is often the best teacher when learning a new skill or industry.
- Why I recommend wholesaling as the starting point.
- Which is best for ROI between wholesale and rehab?
- My thoughts on the increased wholesale fees
- How I manage a large list of leads and what I do with non-response lists and return mail.
- Construction preferences and why I prefer the GC model.
- Why I will be focusing on wholesale in 2019.
- The right profit margin for a high-level business.
Don’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- The information available at your fingertips today is more than enough to learn everything about real estate.
- Don’t deviate from the contract. Stick to the agreement you made.
- Not utilizing your team properly will produce diminishing returns.
- Don’t let the analysis paralysis creep in. Take action and get the ball rolling.
Connect with Greg Dickerson:
- Greg Dickerson official website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (434) 326-3903
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.