Known as the Land Geek, Mark Podolsky has been in the business of raw land investing for over sixteen years and has completed over 5,200 land deals. He has an incredible 300% and 1000% average ROI on cash flips and deals sold with financing terms respectively. Previously trapped in the rat race and a 9-5 “no work, no pay” career, Mark has since elevated his business to a point where he barely needs to work more than five hours a week to maintain a lucrative lifestyle.
Mark joins me to share his real estate experience and stories, and how he manages to flip properties without a house on top. He explains why he thinks his business model is the best and the strategies he uses to make sure this model doesn’t fail. He also describes the many ways he conducts business before, during, and after a deal is made.
“When we don’t value something, we don’t pay for it.” – Mark Podolsky
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How he got started in real estate.
- Why he says he has the best passive income model.
- How he does due diligence in his business.
- How he makes use of EBITDA to place value on an asset.
- Mark’s methods on flipping land.
- Why he doesn’t take money upfront.
- The types of land he prefers to flip.
- The best deal he’s done so far.
Mark Podolsky’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- What looks like a terrible property to you might be perfect for someone else.
- You have to get educated regardless of the type of real estate business you want to venture into.
Connect with Mark Podolsky:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.