Dan McCutchen thrives in Washington DC, one of the many places investors usually don’t even dare try to market. Back in 2008, Dan founded Helpful Investing with his partner Marcus, a company that buys, sells, and rehabs properties in the Greater Washington D.C. area. He started the company being in debt with over $100,000.00, but his business eventually grew, and he has been crushing it ever since.
Today, Dan talks about how he makes a living from the Washington DC area, why he no longer does the traditional fix and flip, and why he insists on establishing healthy relationships with investors.
“This business is a risk and reward business; you take more risks and there tends to be more of a reward.” – Dan McCutchen
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Why he shifted into condo conversions over fix and flip
- His timeline on condo conversion projects
- How scaled his business and found the capital
- His story on “getting knocked out” in 2014 and the lessons he learned from that experience
- The importance of establishing rapport with investors
- How he and his community in Facebook supported a student’s situation
- Why you should always learn how to use tools right at the start.
Larry’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- If you make a mistake, your reputation in this business will be talked about by everyone else in the industry.
- Treat private money with respect.
Reach Out to Dan McCutchen:
Claim Your Free Surprise Gift!
For the first time ever, we are hosting a giveaway event! Head over to FlipTalkEdu.com, enter your contact information to receive your free gift. This is our way of thanking you – our wonderful subscribers, for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast each week. Thank you!
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.