Obi Dorsey is the founder of Freedom REI, a real estate investing business focused on wholesale deals and fix and flips. Being a new entrepreneur, he’s not shy to say he’s only been in this business for four years. He said he owed his company to his frustrations over working 60 hours a week, having no time for his family, and just basically lost control over his destiny. He said he named his business Freedom because he liked the idea of controlling his own path.
Today, Obi talks about his life experience, the reasons he got into real estate, how he got started and who helped him get the hang of it as well as his tips on where to get leads.
“The market dictates what that property can be bought and sold at.” – Obi Dorsey
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- His current business strategies and where he gets his leads.
- Can you actually get leads off of Craigslist?
- How important is MLS when it comes to finding leads?
- How to get around issues that may prevent deals from being made.
- How he builds his buyer’s list.
- His business structure, his acquisition guys and how he compensates them.
Obi’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Operate as if you weren’t afraid to fail. Be bold, leverage at the people who have more experience.
- Get yourself MLS access no matter what.
Reach Out to Obi Dorsey:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.