As a real estate investor, wholesaler, and house flipper, attending the Flip Hacking Live event can truly transform your life – and your business. Earlier this year, I had the opportunity and pleasure to share my story and experience on the stage at this event with some of the most successful and inspirational speakers and experts in the industry.
On today’s episode, I share my presentation during the Flip Hacking Live event. I cover various topics ranging from how I got started, fell, and got back up to how my team and I are working together to sustain the growth of my business. I share how the economy crash of 2008 affected me financially and mentally and explain what business owners should consider as an investment and cost. I also share some numbers regarding marketing performance and explain how we filter the right deals as well as explain what it means to let your team make mistakes and how you can prevent being the bottleneck of your company.
“I am who I am because I failed. I understand my business because I failed.” – Don Costa
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- What I don’t do in my business that has impacted my success.
- What my career was before and after the Crash of 2008.
- What I consider as an investment and cost.
- What the Two Strike Rule is and how I filter properties with it.
- The position of power versus the position of weakness.
- How I handle contractors and oversee the processes involved in projects.
- Giving your team the opportunity to make mistakes.
- What it means to be a bottleneck in your organization.
- Trade secrets I applied in 2018.
Don’s Advice for Business Owners:
- You cannot run a rehab business from a position of weakness.
- Don’t look at investing in marketing as a cost.
- There’s no limit to what you can do or where you can go if you don’t mind who gets the credit.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.