Tony Javier is capable of flipping over 70 houses every year from about 1500 miles away. For most agents, that’s a superpower. Tony is definitely one of the best in the business, but it wasn’t always like that for him. In 2001, Tony was waiting tables while figuring out what to do with his life. He almost wanted to be a full-fledged accountant and crunch numbers all day, which he says he’s relieved didn’t happen because he hates doing it now.
It wasn’t until he got a hold of a system that taught him how to buy properties sans down payment that launched his career in the world of real estate. Fast forward to today, he now has a team of trusted partners who help him not just buy and sell properties but also serve as his eyes and ears.
In this episode, he discusses the highs and lows of his career as both an agent and company owner, how he runs his business, what makes his job easier, and his tips and strategies that will enable an average agent to work at a higher level.
“Find something that works and then once you make money off that then take some of that money and reinvest it into something else.” – Tony Javier
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Lessons he has learned on building good systems and hiring the right people.
- How his business makes money from a combination of rehab, selling, and rentals.
- How his deal flow works in such a way that he lets his team do all the papers while he handles the major decisions and gives the go signal.
- An automated deposit is better as it saves time when it comes to billing and checks.
- Cash is secondary to private lenders when it comes to buying new properties.
- Advertising can be a double edged sword, but it’s useful if you want to get your name out.
- A deal analyzer is an effective tool in flipping properties and Tony’s favorite. It helps him analyze deals within seconds.
Tony’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- If you have an investor program that’s appealing, and if you have good referrals, you will never run out of funding.
- Get a mentor, coach, or group where you can get help from people or have help from someone doing things at a high level.
Reach Out to Tony Javier:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.