Joni and Kirk Yates are the founders of REI Books, LLC., a bookkeeping business tailored for real estate investors. They have extensive experience working for Fortune 500 companies. Joni has built a career in administration while Kirk is all about sales, management, banking, and mortgages. Their goal is to take the bulk of the papers and receipts so their clients can focus on growing their business.
Today, Joni and Kirk will explain how their business began working exclusively with real estate investors and what makes it different from other bookkeeping services. They discuss the benefits of hiring a bookkeeping service, the mistakes most of their clients make before hiring them, and why everything they do is cloud-based. They also share what could happen to your business and profits if you don’t keep accurate books.
“I’ve yet to meet an investor who said they got into real estate to do bookkeeping.’” – Kirk Yates
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- The difference between bookkeeping for a standard client and real estate investors.
- How their business is made to serve real estate investors.
- Mistakes real estate investors make when it comes to bookkeeping
- Their experience with odd clients.
- What is a “Bottom Line Report?”
- How their business process works.
- Their thoughts on tax setups.
Joni & Kirk’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- If you do the books right, the taxes will take care of themselves.
- Personal money should not be intertwined with the business.
- Bookkeeping is going to the cloud, so make sure you have a cloud-based bookkeeping software in your business.
Reach Out to Joni & Kirk Yates:
- REI Books – Use coupon code DON to get 50% off your first month!
Start 2018 Off Right!
As 2017 comes to a close, most property investors and business owners are making plans and strategizing for the upcoming new year. What goals do you want to achieve in 2018? What do you want to change in your business to make it more successful?
We want to help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your 2018 goals or to reach out and ask a question! One or two lucky emailers will receive a free gift by simply telling us how your 2017 business year went and your goals for the upcoming year!
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.