Michael Green started in real estate investing more than 8 years ago. He spent his first full year trying to find a deal to no avail, so he did what anyone would do in his situation: Learn from the best. After finding and learning much from his mentor, Michael was able to find 13 deals within 6 months, a spike in progress from when he was just starting out.
Michael eventually wanted to grow big, so he found a partner and grew his business over the next few years, finding 150 homes a year. After feeling like the company was growing too big, he decided to sell half his company shares to his partner and create a smaller version of the business. He now works only 25 hours a week, selling 50 houses a year, which he found to be earning him roughly the same amount of money without the stress and fatigue.
Today, Michael shares how his business today is different from the partnership he had before and why scaling down was one of the best things he’s ever done. He also talks about the people he hired as well as the tasks they do that make the work easier and shares his favorite tools that literally helped boost his ROI.
“The common denominator of people who win tend to be people who just don’t take no for an answer.’” – Michael Green
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- What prompted him to scale down?
- Why adding more volume became detrimental to his partnership.
- How did he land his first deal?
- How crucial is the follow up in landing a deal?
- What does his business look like today?
- What he aspires his business to be in the next few years.
- The people he hired and how they help his business.
- His thoughts on hiring general contractors.
- What does he focus on to get his deals?
- Why he doesn’t do multimillionaire properties anymore.
- How Podio increased his ROI.
Micahel’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- There’s no such thing as a good or bad market, just a different way to invest in each.
- Once you’re out doing it, it gives you the confidence to do it more and more.
- Start spending money once you start earning money.
Reach Out to Michael Green:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.