Jim McCabe runs Turbo Properties, a property buying company that operates in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas. Their name is founded on the principle of helping clients provide a fast sale of their properties without having to deal with an agent. Jim is proud to have built his company in a way that it allows them to pay their clients more than other house buying companies, and he’s just getting started. He has recently wrapped up his first year in the real estate investing industry, while still having a full-time job, and he has only good stories to share.
Today, Jim shares the story of his first year in the industry. He opens up about the various ways he learned how to work in real estate and the motivations behind pursuing this kind of career. He also shares the different challenges every beginner makes and tips to help them push through the difficulty of starting out.
“Educating and taking action is the key to success in this industry.’” – Jim McCabe
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How he got started in real estate.
- Why he chose rehab over wholesaling.
- What made him overcome the fear of venturing into real estate?
- The struggles he encountered in the industry.
- His business plans for 2018.
- How he finds contractors.
- How he met his real estate agent.
Jim’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Anybody can do this; it’s not rocket science. Real estate is definitely something doable for everybody out there.
- Networking is one of the most critical components to this business.
- Don’t get caught up in catching every problem before the inspector comes.
Reach Out to Jim McCabe:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.