Mike Hambright is a real estate investor in the Dallas, Texas area. He is the Founder and “Chief Nerd” of Flip Nerd. He functions as the company’s visionary, determining how the business will run and the kind of programs and content it will produce. Mike uses his wisdom as a professional real estate investor to teach others how to achieve financial freedom. He is also the host of the Flip Nerd Real Estate VIP Show which functions as both web-based video interview and podcast.
Today, Mike shares the real estate investing wisdom he accumulated over the last ten years since he started in the real estate industry. He explains the rationale behind his decision to switch from a stable, corporate job to real estate investing, the problems he encountered along the way, and how he overcame them. He also explains the difference between today’s market and the market ten years ago and the techniques that work better today.
“Spend some time thinking about what it is you want and building a machine around it.’” – Mike Hambright
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Why he got drawn to real estate investing
- How his first deal turned out.
- Changes he’s seen in the real estate market since he started.
- Tactics he thinks work better now than they did years ago.
- His thoughts on direct calls and direct mail.
- The projects he regrets doing.
Mike’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- There’s no such thing as a blue chip company anymore. There’s no such thing as a job where you’re safe for a long period of time.
- Being consistent and not giving up is important in this industry.
- If a crash is going to happen, it won’t be a real-estate issue, but more of a macroeconomic issue.
Reach Out to Mike Hambright:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.