Paul Shughart is new to the real estate industry, but he has already established himself as an investor who is in it for the long haul. He is a self-taught real estate investor and he has learned from the best mentors through incredible networking and strong relationships. Paul’s expertise lies in his ability to create bids and proposals, thanks to his experience working in the telecommunications industry.
Paul joins me today to share how he got started in real estate and how he recovered from one of his first bad deals. He describes his long-term goals and why he values relationships over money. He then turns the tables and picks my brain regarding my wisdom on strategies for wholesaling and rehabs, cash flow and scaling a real estate business, marketing methods, and my thoughts on virtual wholesaling.
“I’ve learned the value of relationships. It’s not always about the money. Once I got that through my head, things just started happening.” – Paul Shughart
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How Paul got started in real estate and his first wholesale deal.
- What he wants as the long term goal for his business.
- The lesson he learned about building relationships while closing deals.
- My thoughts on the fundamentals of wholesales and fix and flips.
- Knowing the amount of funding you have to get before you scale your business.
- Filtering the type of information you learn and making sure it’s not noise.
- My advice on structure and systems for a small and large organization.
- Cold calling, direct mail, and other forms of real estate marketing.
- Virtual wholesaling and why it’s not that different from local market deals.
Paul Shughart’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Sticking to the fundamentals will help your business in the long term.
- Money is great, but providing solutions to distressed property owners feels better.
Connect with Paul Shughart:
Join the Flip Talk Coaching Program
Are you struggling to become a real estate investor? Perhaps you’re unsure of what your “next steps” should be to achieve your goals in your wholesale or fix & flip business. As a smart investor, you know it’s important to find a business coach who understands the real estate market and growing a real estate empire.
If you’re ready to make leaps and bounds in your real estate business, apply today for the Flip Talk Coaching Program. Get real insight, tips, and strategies you need to be a successful real estate investor.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.