Week 22 Talking With The Team- My Right Hand Kass
One of the most important team members is the Transactions Coordinator, a position that includes a wide range of responsibilities that revolve around contracts. Some of the duties of a Transactions Coordinators include overseeing every aspect of buyer and seller transactions from purchase to closing, coordinate escrow, appraisal procedures, mortgage loans, and regularly updating and maintaining communications with agents, title officers, lenders, and clients.
On today’s episode, Don’s Transactions Coordinator Kass joins us to share her experience regarding what a Transaction Coordinator is and why they are critical to your business. She describes her responsibilities and how she manages her duties on a given day. She explains her methods in making sure the work doesn’t pile up on her desk as well as provide tips for those looking to hire a Transactions Coordinator.
“You can’t have people on the other end that just want to create drama out of everyday tasks and items.” – Ryan Scialabba
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook:
- What to look for in a Transaction Coordinator.
- Why a Transaction Coordinator cannot be a pushover.
- Challenges Transaction Coordinators face on a daily basis.
- How important is it to have an Escrow Officer?
- What does Kass do well that makes her work manageable?
- How does the company make her job easier?
- The challenges of growing a company from her perspective.
- At the end of the day, there are companies that are not on the same goal as everyone else in a deal.
- There’s a lot involved in one real estate deal, so it can be difficult to get everybody on the same page in that time frame.
- In hiring, give people a chance, as long as there are no glaring red flags.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.