Thom Gilbert is a real estate investor and owner of TLC Investment Properties, a company that helps people turn their real estate investments into lucrative cash flow opportunities with significant returns on their investment. He was a competitive athlete who participated in various sports until a snowboarding accident changed his life and ended his athletic career. After years of rehab, postgraduate and real estate education – and lots of love from his family – he found another way to live life despite his disability.
Thom joins me today to share the incredible story of how he never gave up on life and how that eventually lead him to own a successful real estate company. He describes the challenges he faced when he was just starting and how he handled his first few deals. He also explains what tax liens are and the processes behind them and provides tips and encouragement to those who want to get into real estate.
“You can only educate yourself so far before you’ve got to take action.” – Thom Gilbert
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Why Thom is traveling with his family in an RV for over a year.
- How he manages his business despite being on a trip.
- His amazing journey and how it helped propel him to where he is today.
- At what point did he realize getting into real estate was his calling?
- What his first few deals looked like.
- What the BRRRR acronym means in real estate.
- The strategies he implores when it comes to lead generation.
- How tax liens work in San Diego and the processes behind.
Tom’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- You can’t just believe something will happen and not take any action towards that direction.
- At the end of every deal, getting cash flow is mandatory.
- The obstacles in life are just tiny boulders on the road to success.
Connect with Thom Gilbert:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the Flip Talk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: Flip Talk’s Rookie PlayBook and Flip Talk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.