Today, I share how I was almost conned out of $150,000. I share some of the recorded calls I had with this con artist and show how everything in these calls seemed almost normal. I talk about some of the red flags I discovered upon relistening to the recordings I also explain how I discovered this was a con, and what I could have done to see this con a lot sooner.
“It’s one of those things that can happen to anyone of us. There was no reason to believe that this person wasn’t who they said they were. “- Don Costa
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- Listening in on a training call that led to a lead that was a con
- Walking through why I did not see any problems with this seller
- Some of the red flags I discovered in hindsight
- How I discovered this was a con, and how the seller almost got away with it
- Why you always need to perform a title search on a property
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.