Melissa Haworth is the CEO of Shorefront Restorations. Shorefront Restorations is a real estate business providing service for Panama City communities in the wake of Hurricane Michael. She specializes in raising private funding and loves seeing people achieve financial freedom. She also helps people who don’t qualify for mortgages to achieve homeownership through rent-to-own programs.
Melissa joins me today to learn the intricacies of hiring employees as a real estate business owner. I share my hiring methods and tools we use in the company. I share my experience with profile tests, the hits and misses, and the lessons I learned from them. I also explain the importance of identifying the right fit for each person you interview and the biggest mistakes I’ve made when hiring new employees.
“Hiring the person first is most important. What is teachable is coachable.” – Don Costa
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How Melissa got started in real estate.
- How to get started with hiring and where to find them.
- Why it’s important that the candidate’s profile matches the job position.
- What not to do when applying personality tests in your business.
- The interview process and the questions to ask.
- The professional background criteria to consider when hiring new candidates.
- Training new hires in the acquisition role.
- How to structure your employee’s pay scale.
- The biggest mistake I made with using personality testing.
Connect with Melissa Haworth:
Join the Flip Talk Coaching Program
Are you struggling to become a real estate investor? Perhaps you’re unsure of what your “next steps” should be to achieve your goals in your wholesale or fix & flip business. As a smart investor, you know it’s important to find a business coach who understands the real estate market and growing a real estate empire.
If you’re ready to make leaps and bounds in your real estate business, apply today for the Flip Talk Coaching Program. Get real insight, tips, and strategies you need to be a successful real estate investor.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.