James Theron Erwin III is a brand-new real estate investor and the owner of Compass Property Solutions LLC, a new real estate company focused on helping homeowners and landlords find solutions to various real estate concerns such as pre-foreclosures and foreclosures, bankruptcy, asset liquidation, and home disrepair. He is passionate about turning his dream of owning a successful property management company into a reality.
James joins me today to share his journey into real estate investing and property management. We discuss marketing strategies new investors can use to land their first deal, the importance of building rapport with potential sellers while knocking on doors to find new deals, and why focusing and mastering one marketing strategy at a time is critical to take your new business to the next level. We also discuss various guerilla marketing strategies new investors can use while on a limited budget, how to properly use pre-foreclosure and tax-default lists, and the importance of staying consistent in your marketing strategy – despite the technique you choose to use.
“Do what you can do – consistently.” – Don Costa
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- James’ journey into real estate investing.
- How to make Driving for Dollars work for you as a new investor.
- Identifying properties to put on your Driving for Dollars list.
- Working foreclosure and pre-foreclosure lists.
- Why new investors should avoid narrowing their list too much.
- Why new investors should not focus on list source right away – and what to focus on instead.
- Building rapport with potential sellers while knocking on doors.
- The importance of focusing on one marketing strategy at a time – and mastering it – before trying something new.
- Should new investors start with direct mail marketing?
- How to target tax-default lists.
- How many people per list should new investors focus their direct mail marketing efforts?
- Choosing multiple zip codes to promote your business.
- The importance of committing to only taking money-making action when starting your real estate business.
Connect with James Theron Erwin III:
- Compass Property Solutions LLC
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.