Scott Bower is the owner and founder of HBSB Holdings, a Phoenix-based real estate company. The company gets its business from the acquisition of distressed retail, commercial, and multi-family properties. He also hosts the #INVESTTHIS podcast, a show that highlights and guests some of the best real estate investors in the industry. During his first year, Scott closed over $2.2-million in deals and has since done 150 residential transactions as well as created a $20-million portfolio.
Today, Scott joins me to share what his life was like before he became involved in real estate and how everything panned out after. He shares his knowledge and expertise on how to grow a real estate business. He discusses what his first year was like, how he handled marketing his business, and the profits he gained. He describes the time his own partner sued him as well as the lessons he learned from it. He also explains some of his business methods regarding postcards and lead generation.
“I still have the cheque; the first dollar I’ve ever made. It’s a constant reminder that it actually works.” – Scott Bower
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How Scott got into the world of real estate investing.
- What his first year in real estate looked like and his first marketing strategy.
- The time his partner sued him for leaving the company
- His preferred marketing strategy today.
- How his first deal went and how he did it step by step.
- Factors to keep in mind when looking for mentors and partners.
- Why you shouldn’t aim to scale your business as fast as possible.
- Postcard designs and how he utilizes them for leads.
- Why he prefers to source his deals from the high equity list.
Scott Bower Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Quality coaching is never cheap, so don’t expect great lessons from cheap seminars.
- Being the smartest person in the room means you’re in the wrong place.
- Growing too fast could lead to business inefficiencies.
Connect with Scott Bower:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.