Before closing his first deal 2 and a half years ago, Jason Pritchard found himself stuck in an endless, exhausting cycle. He developed his sales skills and abilities through several corporate jobs, but found himself constantly getting burnt out, getting out of the company to find another place to work, only to end up burnt out again.
Many starting real estate investors decide to venture into the industry because, like Jason, they knew that they wanted something better in their lives and that this could not be achieved through regular employment or other circumstances they are trying to escape.
In this episode, Jason shares his experience venturing into the real estate investing industry and how he honed his skills and knowledge through resourcefulness and self-study. He provides tips on how to make a good return from your bandit signs and marketing strategies, along with other inspiring thoughts that every new real estate investor should consider.
“There’s just no secret sauce. There’s no magic pill. A lot of it is just learning as you go and learning on the fly.” – Jason Pritchard
On today’s episode of Flip Talk:
- How he used bandit signs and direct mail for marketing when starting out.
- Tips on how you can improve the quality of your lists by going straight to the data source and ultimately gaining an edge over your competitors.
- The importance of finding off-market deals.
- He reveals his own financing strategy.
- The importance of having a planned budget to maintain a long-term and consistent marketing campaign on whatever channel you decide to use.
- Knowing who your target market is and finding the right marketing channel to connect with them.
Connect with Jason:
Interact with Don and the Flip Talk Community
Can’t wait for Wednesday for another new episode of the Flip Talk podcast? Join Don and the rest of the Flip Talk community in our exclusive Facebook group to learn more about what you need to be doing to build your real estate investing business. Catch Don in one of his Facebook Live Q&As and gain more knowledge from interacting with your peers in this one-of-a-kind group.
Be continuously updated about the ins and outs of real estate investing by subscribing to the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes, following the Flip Talk Facebook page, or browsing through our resources in our newly improved website.