Sam Craven is the Co-Founder of Senna House Buyers, a real estate investment company that seeks to improve the negative reputation of the house buying industry. Sam was driven to start a company that promotes professionalism as well as quality customer service – two traits he finds lacking in the industry. He has been featured in popular podcasts, radio shows, news articles, and even infomercials geared towards those in the business of real estate.
On today’s episode, Sam joins us to share his thoughts and wisdom on how to grow and manage a multimillion-dollar real estate company. He describes his humble beginnings, why he decided to venture into real estate with his father, and why they prefer wholesale to rehab. He also explains his hiring practices and how he honed it since he first started hiring.
“When the market shifts, your value-add shifts. You’ve got to listen to the market.” – Sam Craven
This Week on FlipTalk’s REI Round Table:
- How Sam got into the real estate business.
- How his business operates today.
- How much he spends on marketing monthly and annually.
- The businesses they prefer to buy.
- His game plan on value-adding in case the market shifts.
- The importance of focusing on what you’re good at in business.
- What his first hire was like.
- What was his process in hiring then and what it is now?
- His team and their function.
- The cities they’re looking to invest in.
- His advice for scaling a business.
- Real estate is a relationship game, so always do your business with integrity.
- Right now wholesaling is hot because markets are hot.
- Working with like-minded people can push the mission forward fast.
Connect with Sam:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.