Mike Cowper is the owner of Return on Investments, a high-volume wholesale business in the Greater Detroit Area. He describes his success in real estate to be primarily due to his experience working in sales for five years. In September 2014, he stumbled across a free real estate mentorship group and signed up. After learning and gaining massive interest in the industry, Mike’s determination helped him close his first deal by November of that same year.
Mike joins me today to share how his business has been doing since his last appearance on Flip Talk. He describes the experience he’s accumulated, the changes he applied to his company, and how their goals changed as they grew. He explains the importance of sticking to your core competency and why you shouldn’t try to be something you know you’re not capable of. Mike also shares advice for those who may want to try something new, either for their business or personal development.
“I’m good at being a leader and a mentor, but I’m not a manager. I recognize it’s not my core competency.” – Mike Cowper
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- The challenges of being in acquisitions in any industry.
- The solutions he used to overcome the challenges in acquisitions.
- The importance of sticking to a personal core competency to become successful.
- The possible consequences of some of the victories you would experience.
- Talking about your failures and how it helps you have realistic goals.
- His tips when chasing after something shiny or new.
- Why celebrating small victories is vital for your entrepreneurial mindset.
Mike Cowper’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Building a habit of looking for small victories can lead to success.
Connect with Mike Cowper:
- We Buy ROI
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Flip Talk Coaching Program
Are you struggling to become a real estate investor? Perhaps you’re unsure of what your “next steps” should be to achieve your goals in your wholesale or fix & flip business. As a smart investor, you know it’s important to find a business coach who understands the real estate market and growing a real estate empire.
If you’re ready to make leaps and bounds in your real estate business, apply today for the Flip Talk Coaching Program. Get real insight, tips, and strategies you need to be a successful real estate investor.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.