Alex Pardo always had the entrepreneurial, bug even when he was a kid. Before he was a teenager, he was already engaged in the business of flipping – flipping baseball cards in baseball card shows that is. He found money in that simple gig, but it wasn’t the thing that made him who he is now. No, that would come at a much later time where he found himself working close to 80 hours a week for GE’s financial management program, back when he aspired to climb the corporate ladder.
Needless to say, he didn’t see himself working like that for the rest of his life. After the program, he went back to his hometown Miami, joined a boot camp about marketing for deals and would shortly earn $44,000.00 in his first deal ever. He hasn’t looked back since.
Today, Alex talks about building your own team and the practices he advocates when it comes to hiring, how he markets his business, the many failures and takeaways he got from them, and his tips on making your business run smoother.
“People that you bring on your team should make you money.” – Alex Pardo
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- The positions he hired people for and why he decided to hire.
- The importance of rapport when it comes to closing deals.
- The compensations and incentives you can offer to the people you hire.
- The mistakes he made when it came to hiring people.
- What does it mean to be “slow to hire and quick to fire”?
- Why is communication more important in virtual operations?
- The kind of marketing Alex does right now to handle the volume.
- The type of networking that works best for the current market landscape.
- The biggest financial mistake Alex experienced and why it made him get a coach.
- The mistakes Alex made and what he learned from them.
- Why a CRM is one of the best tools you can use in your business.
Alex’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Surround yourself with the right kind of people.
- You have to understand the market you’re investing in.
- Always look for ways to differentiate yourselves from the competition.
- Get a coach and learn from them as early as possible.
Reach Out to Alex Pardo:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.