Chris Williams is the CEO of I Buy Houses Fresno, a real estate solutions company that focuses on helping homeowners with problems like foreclosure, probate, bankruptcy, and even divorce. Before he became a real estate solutions provider, Chris was a pool cleaner in 2009. While he did enjoy the work, he’s always had an entrepreneurial desire and always loved the idea of owning a business.
He decided to research ways to earn money from real estate and first learned to fix and flip. Much later, he learn about the wonders of wholesaling, which is the core of his business today. He had many ups and downs along the way, but his belief in himself and God helped him pull through and led him to have the success he currently has.
Today, Chris shares the inspiring story of how he transitioned from being a pool cleaner to a business owner. He talks about the time he drained all his savings and how he had to scrape by for at least a year before he got back on his feet again as well as the good and bad moments in between. He also shares his strategies for conducting business, particularly when it comes to phone calls and sending direct mails.
“The foundation of success goes back to the basics.’” – Chris Williams
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How he got started in the real estate industry.
- Differences between when he started and now.
- What he’s doing now that helps him get traction.
- Why introverts are best at the acquisition position.
- Where he gets most of his leads.
- How important are the fundamentals in this business?
- The time he had a problem involving his postcard and license.
Chris’ Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- Stick to the absolute basics, don’t spend too much money trying to learn every new thing that comes out.
- If you find one marketing niche you want to work with, just stick to that one thing, start getting traction, and tweak it as you go along.
Reach Out to Chris Williams:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.