Whitney Nicely is a real estate investor who does most of her deals in Tennessee and Georgia. Her business runs on lease options, apartment complexes, and “random chunks of land.” Whitney said being a real estate investor runs in her veins as she drew inspiration from her very own mother. As a child, her mom always asked her to get the money from the mailbox so she thought real life was just like that.
She enlisted in lease options school in her 20’s and learned how to buy properties with no money and no credit. She later started her business with her brother, and obtaining 19 properties under their belt within three years.
Today, Whitney talks about her first deal, why she’s not a fix and flip dealer, why she doesn’t believe in credit score, and her tips for people who want to get into the industry.
“I like long term relationships. I like that money over time instead of just a little bit of it right now.” – Whitney Nicely
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How she made a $750.00/month return over a $1500.00 investment.
- Why not being the decision maker is a good technique.
- Why she’s not really big on flipping real estate.
- What exactly is her strategy? What are lease options and what does a typical deal look like?
- The difference between a “Subject to” and a lease option.
- How she finds leads?
- Why she encourages women to get into real estate.
Whitney’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- People try to make real estate complicated. At its core, it’s not.
- Credit is just a made up 3-digit number.
- Be yourself, don’t be some other expert. Just put some real estate spin on it.
Reach Out to Whitney Nicely:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.